Monday, September 19

john galliano : dior fall 2011


Nothing makes you a household name like a scandal and disgrace. The other day my husband and I were driving and he asked me, "do you know who John Galliano is?", after a small giggle I said yes and then he proceeded to tell me about how Galliano, after being publicly disgraced in relation to antisemitic and pro-Nazi statements, has now checked himself into rehabilitation for alcoholism. I actually didn't know this, but it's funny to me that the news came from my husband, who has decided he likes Galliano's pirate-look despite his very public faux pas. 

Though the runway show was apparently a somber one in light of the recent events, the collection is a delight with it's rich vintage 1930s vibe, no?

4 comments:

giselaandzoe said...

despite what he did the man is one crazy talent..when i was in school for design i watched a whole bunch of documentaries on several designers, i liked Galliano but loved him even more after i saw his rise to fashion & how well spoken he was...ironic now.

Dashfield Vintage said...

I was definitely very sad to hear what his thoughts were on certain topics too because I LOVE his work! Sadly you can't just go around saying things like that... especially not if you're a public figure. I think I'll always be a fan of his work and his style. But hmmm can a stint in rehab also cure you of racism? I'm not so sure.

Estrella said...

Well, news about galiano doesnt come offent from a husband, but i think the news are so shocking, with this antisemitic comments, that anyone would be shocked to, and, as you said, anyhow he managed to make this beautiful collection.

shi zhan said...

レイバン サングラスのことについて話したいが、まだたくさんのことがわからないから、諦めるしかありません。きっかけに、レイバン モデルの資料を探す時、ほかのことに興味を起こしました。例えば、レイバン RB3183などのモデルはなぜたくさんの人に好まれるのですか。

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin