Saturday, August 4

an artist at home


One of my very best friends, Amy, lives only a hop, skip & a jump away from my house and has one of my favorite spaces to be in, so much so I thought I'd shoot some photos to share with you. She and her husband recently moved into a house about 4 blocks from their old house, in the same neighborhood. While I loved her last house and thought she was a might bit crazy for leaving it, she made quick work of making her new house as enviable and serene as her last one. An artist and art professor she has an obvious eye for the unexpectedly beautiful, which is something I have always loved about her. Her sprawling one story home also houses her giant light-filled art studio and for that I am eternally jealous - if only I could have Dear Golden in my house like that...

She did a guest blog post for me long ago on her penchant for stacking up multiple rings on one finger and you can also check out a jewelry box tour she did with Jean Jean Vintage here.  Amy has the coolest taste in jewelry and we are forever making trades - our style is so similar sometimes I wonder if we aren't long lost sisters, sometimes it sure seems like it.

Amy recently got in touch with the former owner's (& builder's) family and got some original photos, from Amy:
"Here is a recent project I secretly undertook as a gift for my husband for our anniversary. It is the origin story of our mid-century home as told through correspondance among me and the daughters, granddaughters and a family friend of the original owners. There are also images from the house as we live in it today among our plants and with our four cats.


10 comments:

Lisa said...

*Beautiful home*!!! And that art! So lovely. Thank you for sharing! I saved a number of these photos in my house inspiration folder.

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful home. I love all that natural light!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous space you have. So inviting and warm.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Her paintings are unbelievably gorgeous! I want to study with her!

Malayka said...

What a beautiful home! Some people just really have all the taste and style don't they!

Rebekka Seale said...

Wow....

Anonymous said...

lovely spaces. i especially like the bedside table in her bedroom! what a rad find.

Charles@homes in philippines said...

I agree to you Amber her paintings are unbelievably gorgeous. I just love it and I am very glad that I came across here. Thanks.

Best said...

the professional movers and the company itself, but much of it goes to pay for gas, insurance, and truck maintenance to ensure that a move goes smoothly. Best Movers Near Me

kenwood said...

Just buying a low quality mattress will never allow you to have better sleep and in fact it can become the reason for back ache or other health issues. international

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin