Wednesday, January 5

mastering the art of cozy



This blog post is alternatively titled, "mastering the art of working from home".  It is now, when winter has really set in that the inclination to wear long johns and flannel shirts all day makes a major play. Were I to be required to leave the house this would not be a problem, and so I have decided that there is an art to wearing cozy "working from home" clothes without wearing "hey, I just rolled out of bed" clothes.  This outfit is really jammies in disguise (again). Sure my collection of vintage dresses are getting very cold on their hangers, and I feel a little bad about that, but not THAT bad...

1980s oversized sweatshirt dress -  thrifted
ribbed cotton leggings - calvin klein
charcoal sweatshirt cardigan - thrfited
black leather boots - Palladium via Nordstrom
brassy linked chain knot necklace - Target

8 comments:

Heart Charlie said...

Love this cozy looks :)

Jacqueline said...

I frequently take on the challenge of making yoga pants fashionable.

Anonymous said...

you're making me look bad!! my work from home 'uniform' is flannel pj's and a fleece jacket. but to my credit...i always put real pants on before i go to the post office ;)

Angel said...

Very nice photos :)

Maria Ramona said...

you just reminded me I'm on the lookout for the perfect worn-in sweatershirt-- you look so "comfy chic"

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

your working-at-home outfit is about 10x more chic than mine, which consists of my grandma's gigantic sweatpants and my husband's thermal. i particularly love that necklace.

Zohar said...

I love this outfit. I'm a huge layering fan and couldn't be happier to switch weathers with you so I could were these kind of outfits all the time. You say it's sort of PJ's but it's a clean and classy look.

thebirthdaygirl said...

It's definitely the time of year to master the art of cozy...well played!

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin