Tuesday, July 13

retrofuturs


Lately I have found myself gawking more at the vintage cars going down the road and even considered going to this yearly event in Detroit. I've always had an appreciation for old cars because I have an overall appreciation for old things in general. But to imagine myself at the Woodward Dream Cruise, along with throngs of other people (who likes throngs? no one right?), is just new. So I really loved this photo/advertising/art set. 

About the artist via Miss Moss: Stéphane massa-bidal is a french illustrator & web designer who combines vintage imagery with thoughts & proverbs about life. He says, my global concept is called “retrofuturs”: mix the past, the present, the future and shake it!

7 comments:

Carys said...

These are so nice, I love how even adverts were beautiful in days gone by, and I really want a vintage car now!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Q's Daydream said...

Crazily enough I've been to two vintage car shows this summer! It's my dream to have a classic car someday. My Mom grew up near Detroit and her dad worked at Ford. So the family got all the newest cars right when they came out. :o)

Erica! said...

I love old cars too. I had a love of old cars before I even found out about vintage clothing! Now I can love both! :)

Erica
danired922.blogspot.com
danired922.etsy.com

Andrea said...

I love the second car, and the setting of the picture is just as lovely. ^_^

maxandchichi.blogspot.com

Aimée - Vint Condition said...

Last night I was hunting down early '50s Studebaker Champion Starlights, although I yearn for a car with fins...

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

It does feel weird sometimes to not be a car fanatic in Michigan, doesn't it? I like my car as a means to get around safely and hopefully without using too much gas, but other than that, I could care less. I wish we had the subway! However...that first little red car? I could see myself driving *that*.

Fabiola "Fab" said...

I love that second and fourth car. They look so fun to around in. How sweet. I often day dream of owning one those beautiful cars. And words of inspiration is a bonus. I needed that.

"Wherever you go, go with all your heart"

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin