Wednesday, July 14

buggy love


This post is not about my outfit, because the outfit is totally "yeah whatever", and I know that. It's 90 degrees and I'm cleaning dresses, painting furniture and oh yeah I slept in this tank top, so there. But anyway, this is about the winged scarab, or just the scarab. A new obsession! I love when something is so awesome it triggers a new obsession. I bought this necklace from Jean Jean Vintage annnnnd it's hard to take off because I love it so much. 

A while back I posted another scarab necklace I bought at an antique shop so it seems this obsession was a long time coming.  Below is the other necklace, I love how it's both pretty and ugly. 



More with the winged scarab...


some gal's super duper cool winged scarab henna tattoo...want!

9 comments:

KristiMcMurry said...

lovely! My favorite is the one you're wearing in the first picture.

Jean Jean Vintage said...

Oh man oh man oh man . . there's something about BLUE scarabs, too! I think that little fella from my shop really likes you - he's protecting you with his little wings.

The Church of Vintage said...

Pshaw, ugly isn't even part of the equation. The festoon one had my heart jump the first time you posted it. I want something in my house painted that wonderfully washed blue color.

Tere Kirkland said...

Love those lapis scarabs! That second necklace isn't ugly, it just needs to be the center of attention. Love it!

Sarah Dee said...

I love your new necklace!! and the second necklace is far from ugly!

Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Wild Tea Party said...

Ah, that necklace from Jean Jean is so sweet :) I love scarabs as well, ever since my History teacher brought me back a blue scarab just like the top one from Eygpt.

Anonymous said...

That henna tattoo is amazing! Love it, do it!

www.mywardrobemistress.wordpress.com

paislea said...

oooh! i love that tattoo! it's gorgeous! thanks for visiting my blog!! and for the lovely comment!

http://www.allisterbee.blogspot.com

seannaapproved said...

I so want a henna tattoo!! And a nose ring! :)


thevintagedame.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin