Sunday, July 11

the living is easy



Summer date nights, and the getting dressed is easy. I think I got ready in about 5 minutes. I'm going to miss it come the colder months, so I try to get Mr. DG to take me out as much as possible, if only to give equal time to all my dresses. "Come on honey, do it for the vintage!". Saturday was a gorgeous evening so we went to a nice restaurant in Detroit where you can sit outside by the river. They also make the most amazing perch dinner ever. It's the Rattlesnake Club, and while I don't like how the inside looks (kind of cheesy-fancy), it's a great summer night place to go and dine al fresco. After dinner you can take a walk on the boardwalk. We ordered our usual cocktails - a Tom Collins for me and an Old Fashioned for he and the waitress called us "vintage", because we ordered "vintage drinks", hell yes! Then we ordered the berry dessert and she said "that makes sense, that's the most old fashioned dessert we have". Yup!

1950s white & green cotton embroidered dress | vintage shop
sunny yellow espadrilles | thrifted
vintage quartz cube earrings | Jean Jean Vintage
vintage helicopter ring | Jean Jean Vintage

11 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Oh, Lauren you lovely! That dress is so pretty! It looks like something Joanne Woodward would wear in The Long Hot Summer. Your night sounds like it was lovely! I can't wait to go on more dates. We've been saving so once we get to Nashville we'll have to go on lots of dinner dates! :o)

anabela / fieldguided said...

Love that ring! Also it's easy because you could wear a paper bag and look gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful! that dress is amazing!! glad you had a nice night out with the hubby!

KristiMcMurry said...

You look great! That dress is gorgeous and I adore your braid :)

Sarah Dee said...

Thats so cute that people even call you vintage!

Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Anjali said...

You look *beautiful*, and I love that you are vintage-girl even down to your drink orders ;)

Fabiola "Fab" said...

you look absolutely fantastic! and I mean it.

diptea said...

I am starting to warm towards the sash concept in a dress. I am kinda scared that I wont be able to pull it off. You look lovely Lauren. Aces!

Carys said...

You look amazing, you have such a classically elegant style, I love it!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Jean Jean Vintage said...

I'm always flattered when you choose to wear my jewelry ♡

Unknown said...

haha love ur "hell yes!" the Jean Jean vintage is gorgeous. im head over heels for my persona charm bracelet b/c i can always change the charms to change my look but was wondering what other jewelery could accent it. - Sara
ur dress is beautiful btw!

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin