Monday, May 31

lakeside



A successful non-computer getaway was had! Our last minute trip to Lake Michigan was wonderful and I feel pretty refreshed. Oh, and I the day we left the perfect 1950s capri pants landed on my doorstep, excellent timing. I went on faith and brought them with me not knowing if they fit, and lo and behold the fit to a T! On top of everything I finally found a vintage dress form, in a pole barn in the middle of nowhere no less!

white cotton tunic  - JCrew, about 7 years ago, at least
navy blue cotton twill capri pants - Ballyhoo Vintage
sandals -  thrifted
hat - thrifted
gold Victorian hair locket - eBay

13 comments:

mariel said...

you are such a classy lady...i want to be like you when i grow up. :)

and flowers pick themselves said...

i adore the top. simple + lovely.

xo Alison

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Wow! Now that's an impressive find!

Meggstatus said...

You look like a 1950's movie star on vacation. This is such a great laid back look. I'm glad you're recharged. I myself get a little vacation next week and I couldn't be more exited!

Μαiρη said...

Oh! Magic photos!!!

BaronessVonVintage said...

such a chic and effortless look (very Audrey Hepburn on vacation). What an AWESOME find that dress form is!!!!

MarieBayArea said...

nice hat and love the photos, especially the ones of the lake and the house. that is such a great dress form and so cool that you found it in a "barn in the middle of nowhere."

Anonymous said...

superbes photos

Carys said...

Beautiful outfit and photos, I agree with BaronessVonVintage, very Audrey Hepburn style simplistic chic!!
I love your hat!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Dahlila said...

What a lovely getaway. Lake Michigan looks beautiful--& so do the capri pants. ;-)
dahlila xxoo

Sarah Dee said...

Love the new dress form!

Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Louise said...

You look so happy and relaxed. Mini breaks are the best.

diptea said...

You look lovely. Great sandals !!!

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin