Wednesday, March 25

In-Vested





Mmmmm...this vest, well, I nabbed it from my friend Duff's closet, she has the matching skirt and didn't think she'd wear the vest. I thought I would ROCK that vest! And there it sat in my closet for 9 months. And today I released it from the darkness, into the darkness of the day as it was raining all day! The kind of day that made me want to crawl back in bed and grab my Jane Austen, Anthropologie catalogs and kitties! But alas, I had to go to work, and I made it worth my while by making sure I stopped at this small thrift store on my way in. Of course I found some awesome shoes there, it's as though that place has shoes just sitting there waiting for me. The women that work there are either super nice or super grumpy and mean, they are volunteers, and today it was the nice ladies, I got two Vera scarves and one had a little mark on it so the woman just gave it to me, for free! I love when stuff like that happens, naturally.

'Bout the outfit - since it's raining I slapped on my black Levi's
Vest - from Duff's closet

Blouse - thrfited and I shortened the sleeves

Earrings - thrifted and my post office lady, Cathy, called them "groovy".
Oxfords - thrifted and I am in LOVE with them, just got them, they are like crocodile (but leather) and they are Esprit, no less!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no way! I came across this duo at a flea market recently! I sent the skirt off to a better home (it was too short for me!) and I don't know where the vest is.. I didn't have the guts to try it myself... but, I gotta hand it to you - it looks nice with the black!!!!

Frankie said...

You look absolutely adorable in this vest! x

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin