Friday, March 20

1990 & Leathah!





Never worn leather, never liked leather, but I saw this little number in an Etsy shop called Kisses From Anna and well, something spoke to me! I think it was the gathering at the hip, I thought "sure, I think I can try and rock some leather!". I thought I could employ a fashion philosophy I like to call The Soft & Hard. The Soft & Hard is a real simple way to make a chic outfit, just mix up "hard" pieces with some softness. This outfit is a good example - the skirt being leather is obviously a hard, so I paired it with a super soft blouse and also soft shoes which sort of removes the oh, I don't know a word...the obviousness, the literalness of both the garments. I feel like it's a good way to build an outfit that looks cool, s'all. So anyway, I also love these tights I just got, they have a neat rococo pattern to them.

Blouse: thrifted

Skirt: Etsy, Kisses from Anna
Tights: Hue
Shoes: thrifted, and bow are removeable!
Earrings: thrifted, there are presses leaves inside!


Music on my ride to work:

Blancmange (weird 80s band)
Q-Tip

Beck

Superpitcher from the Kompakt 6 album

The Q-Tip, Renaissance sounded so good when I got to work I just had to listen to the whole album. Dayom!

1 comment:

leila wylie said...

Cute outfit! I love the soft & hard technique! I have a ton of 50s floral sundresses but I always pair them with my dad's old jean jacket in order to avoid looking too Pollyanna.

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin