Saturday, January 24

Honest Scrap - I've been tagged!


Swell Vintage girl, Frankie nominated me for an award!

***This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion is brilliant.

The rules: When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real.


Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!

Here are 10 random honest things about me:

1. I freak out over birds. When I see raptors while driving I have been known to veer strongly off the road. If I ever see an owl while driving, me and my innocent passengers will surely perish.

2. When it's dark I am ready for bed, whenever that dark comes, in the winter it's like 4 pm, and otherwise bedtime if you ask me. In fact, I love everyday because at the end of it I get to go to bed - 365 nights a year!

3. I love vinegary foods, I call them "foods that fights".

4. I cry super easily, although I am pretty sure NO ONE knows that fact.

5. I love any film from the late 70s-early 80s in which characters appear often in leotards and they dance.

6. I have so many clothes that even if I changed my outfit 3 times a day for a year, I still would even come close to wearing all of them.

7. I am obsessed with my cats Sophie & Ella.

8. I cannot stand celebrities unless they are dead.

9. I hate showering. I mean, I DO it, but I totally hate it.

10. I love pink and totally not ashamed about it. I also love gray, but that isn't very embarrassing.


Annnnd the 7 victims of this award from ME are:

Clever Nettle - this blog is a regular dream to me, that dreamy gray (my fav. color!) and the pictures she posts make me want to be so much better about my own presentation, but alas, I am unable to attain her heights!

The Drifter and the Gypsy - ohhh, ahhhhh, ohhhhh, I can't describe how this blog transports me. It's so poetic and ethereal. She's like a hazy reverie in a sea of bramble we call the world. So glorious. I stole her music player bc the track playing nearly brought me to tears.

Grijs - I love the austerity and spareness of this blog, it's so clean and elegant, and full of the neutrals I love.

Textiles and Bicycles - this blog has things I love rolled into one: biking, sewing, knitting, cooking, clothing! She's a crafty cute gal!

The Luxe Chronicals - I love fashion history and she posts a lot about it, and other stuff, it's def. an blog for sophisticated smart ladies!

Swell Vintage - Oh Frankie, she is so spunky and fun, and although she claims to be turning into a recluse, I think she's a very hip girl with a hell of an eye for style!

Beauty that Moves - I've been reading this blog for a long while, since I started my other blog about yoga, it's just inspiring & soothing. She is an amazing women who makes all kinds of things and does yoga...her blog makes me want to cook wonderful things and make a home that invites in all the love.

It's extremely hard to just narrow it to seven. I wish I could just make it a revolving blog-door and change them every week!

Thanks Frankie!



1 comment:

Frankie said...

Well played, lovely Lauren! Yours was definitely more interesting than mine! x

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin