Monday, June 20

full bloom dress


This weekend I had a date with one of my most interesting friends, Claudette, who loves to get gussied up as much as I do, so when I have a date with her I pull out all the stops. I have been waiting since winter to wear this dress, which I got on eBay one night when I couldn't sleep, I felt so lucky, the timing was just perfect.  Before going out Claudette came to my house and shopped the shop and left wearing a different outfit than the one she arrived in (happens a lot around here). 

1950s silk floral dress  ebay
apricot belt  thrifted
1940s celluloid necklace ◊ antique mall
1970s nude heels ◊ a gift

13 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

Oh my gawwwwd, Lauren! THIS is my favourite dress on you EVER. What a piece of perfection!

Maria Casteel said...

you're so sexy. you're hair looks great. shopping when i can't sleep is so dangerous for me.

PinkStripeySocks said...

What a lovely and feminine dress!

Debi said...

BEAUTIFUL dress! I love this so much!

m.fay said...

it's perfect! made for you.

m.fay

Q's Daydream said...

Lauren that is stunning! You know how I'm loving floral ;o)

Unknown said...

you look fantastic!

Jean Jean Vintage said...

Oh hells bells. I love your lipstick! And your make-up! It all looks just so good.

Wild Tea Party said...

Beautiful! You look fantastic!

PrettyDamnCute said...

That dress is so stunning, I can barely breathe. I may have to make your photo my new wallpaper for a bit. Stunner!

(from Chelsee a la PrettyDamnCute ---> blogger stinks)

thatdamngreendress said...

zowee! that is a beauteous dress, and suits you perfectly!! I love how it's simultaneously luxe and elegant, and playful and casual!

Casey said...

Good gracious--what an amazing dress! The "petal bust" detail is beautiful; something I've seen a lot in vintage fashion images, but not so much in extant pieces. Lovely! :)

Amber said...

This dress is GORGEOUS! I think my favorite part of the whole outfit is the peach belt. It's such a little feminine surprise!

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin