Monday, December 13

paris 1963




We had a cocktail party Saturday night, it went on until the wee hours (which is a good thing). But as I tried on too many dresses for the party I realized that although my heart belongs to the clothing of the 1920s-1940s, when it comes to throwing a grand fêtê I really want to wear fun dresses from the early 1960s.



Below are two that I ended up wearing. But I didn't wear two, I actually wore three, but I only have photos of two. I changed three times during the party and well, I thought it would make me look like a diva, but instead it was just super fun and got a great response. I realized that I would love it if I went to a party and the hostess changed her dress three times!

 I started out the night in this dress, paired with sparkly gold bow shoes (not pictured, sorry!)



I ended the night wearing this dress and shoes, they match! Shoes came off though...dancing, you know...



 Duff, of Jean Jean Vintage wore this dress and looked good enough to eat!


10 comments:

Casey said...

I have to admit, I'm with you on early 60s cocktail dresses! I tried on a ton of wedding gowns when I got married two years ago--things from the 30s through 50s. But my heart fell in love with a beautiful early 60s evening dress that fit just right. I think I love the simple, but flattering lines of the early part of the 60s. You can't beat a good wiggle dress made up in fantastic fabric!

♥ Casey | blog

magdamagda said...

amazing match dress-shoes! with the clothes on your blog I couldn't stop at changing 3 times only...


Magda

Jean Jean Vintage said...

And you had a darling chignon bun, too! It was so fun to see you in different outfits and I agree that wardrobe changes should be required of all party hostesses! Thank you for letting me wear that lovely dress and for a fun, fun holiday fête.

Unknown said...

I call it happy hostess outfits! I just love great outfits for cocktail parties!

~*~Pamela~*~ said...

Such a fun, fun idea.....to change outfits during the party!!! LOVE your choices!

Caitlin said...

So painfully chic! And wow! Those dresses are so beautiful!

Liane said...

Sounds like the party was a blast! And changing your outfit multiple times is the perfect solution to having too many choices. Why not wear a few? I love the silhouette of the red dress. I like 1920S jewelry, but I have to agree on the 1960s dresses for parties. I love the simplicity of the shapes. I think they flatter most people.

Wild Tea Party said...

Matching dress and shoes... that is too, too cool. It certainly takes the matching shoes and bag to a whole new level!

Justin Gist Preuninger said...

I love the dresses you chose! :D Absolutely gorgeous! :D

Kelly Lauren said...

amazing! and I love the idea of changing dresses for a party! I'm a fan of wearing three outfits in a day, anyways... haha!

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin