Thursday, November 4

November always seemed to me the Norway of the year






The name 'November' is believed to derive from 'novem' which is the Latin for the number 'nine'. In the ancient Roman calendar November was the ninth month after March. As part of the seasonal calendar November is the time of the 'Snow Moon' according to Pagan beliefs and the period described as the 'Moon of the Falling Leaves'. I look around and I see leaves in deep yellow, rich reds and even some brown. I can't help but to honor the season with the color palette of the shop again and again...

4 comments:

Jessica / Lola Vintage said...

oh dear those last red shoes almost have me in tears! They're perrrrrrrrrrrfect. They're velvet aren't they?

Rita Anne Smith said...

Wow...those red shoes did draw me in. Where would one find them. And, thanks for this great blog...you and your writing, along with your sense of design is such an inspiration to me.

cindy-the vintage hat shop said...

L.- I love that straw hat! What a classic. You wear it with style.

One of a Kind said...

I am just in love with that rich brown hat at the top. With a red band?! What a refreshing mix of colors.

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin