Friday, October 15

new spot & broken rules



Happy to come to you from a new spot in the house, complete with a bit of art; but I promise, not all the walls in my house are gray, at least not yet! Yesterday I spent the day at two giant antique malls and came home with an astounding amount of new pieces for the shop, I had no idea that the trip would yield so much, but I am certainly glad for it. 

I am also breaking a little pointless "rule" I tend to hold myself too which is 'no black until December'. It's silly, I know, but autumn really begs for warm tones and it's such a short season I feel like I should maximize the wearing of all the browns and autumnal tones. Once it's deep winter black & gray are staples. But this dress I found sort of solves that problems as it is both black and rusty browns. 

1970s cotton mini dress ◊ thrifted
black tights
auburn clog heels ◊ swedish hasbeens

6 comments:

Maria Casteel said...

love the dress
love the hair
love the new spot.
you're gorgeous.

twinklez1985 said...

I really like that dress it looks perfect for Autumn

Cannelle et Pomme said...

Cute dress, pretty face & cute style :)

bye

Titina

Dailee Dose said...

That dress is so pretty!

NessaKnits said...

Your blog must be any young fashion students dream as they review your pages!

styleforlife said...

Love this dress. I have one with the same type of fabric in a 70s smock hippie dress. LOVE. :-) xx Emily

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin