Thursday, April 22

the plan keeps coming up again


It seems like every summer I somehow decide on some theme for the way that I am going to dress. I can't even say I do this intentionally, it seems to just happen. I distinctly recall 2006 being totally grecian, I could not get enough drapey dresses, gold accessories and braided sandals. Another summer was a little country, not country western, but rural. The summer before that was filled with 1950s dresses. And last summer, well I was all about small floral prints al a 1990s, the dresses my friends didn't so much like. And this year I think its going to be 1970s bohemian with a hint of Scandinavian. I will wear other things too, it's just I think my brain needs something to obsess over and search for all spring and summer. The clothing in these patterns hits the nail on the head, especially the last pattern - want those dresses! And shoes! The hunt is on!

_______________________________

Today's outfit starting warming up my engines...so to speak. And everyone is going to get real tired of my hair being like this because I am going to wear these "Heidi braids" pretty much every day.






floral & striped silk (!) dress - thrifted
non-plussed kitty cat necklace - antique store in New Jersey
Ferragamo riding boots - thrifted

8 comments:

Good Girls Studio said...

Love the bohemian theme for this year! If I could braid my own hair it would Heidi braids all the time!

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

oh! good for you! they MUST have pockets in the skirts!!!

best of luck!
-kelley

reilly said...

At first I thought you were going to say you've been meaning to learn how to sew!

Max said...

Love your shop! I think the way you come up with what to wear every summer is by following trends. Not that that's a bad thing, but it seems pretty easy to explain.

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Beautiful dress, but oh my god--that kitty cat necklace! His expression is the best.

Alyssa said...

Oh these are so neat! Love 'em. I would even frame them! Also... I like the cat necklace. Cute and unique!

http://alyssa-dizzymisslissy.blogspot.com/

Bree said...

I kind of do the same thing! It was 50s & pastels for me this spring. Lovely dress! Cats are the best

Tracy said...

hurrah for heidi braids! i wear them way too much too. well, not really, because there's no such thing as too much.

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin