Tuesday, January 5

lady. like.



I hate when this happens. I got my bangs cut today and well, this is me before I got my haircut - I think it might have been better not to look at photos of my hair pre-bang cut. Until moments ago I loved the bangs, like a lot. It didn't really occur to me that I could just stop liking them. Thankfully there isn't anything wrong with them so I don't think I'll be unhappy about them much longer, but still, I was in my honeymoon stage with them until I reviewed some photos of my hair from just recently. This all being said I realize that I was not going to be able to stop myself from cutting them, it was only a matter of time. It was either cut the bangs or cut all the hair. So, this post as banal as it all sounds is all about my silly hair. My silly bangs, which will have their photo on here in a matter of days I am sure, but here lies my old, ladylike hair, may it rest in peace...until I decide to ride the bobbypin lightening for another collection of months and grow them out again. Women!

Oh and my outfit? Well the skirt was purchased for the shop but hasn't made it out of my closet and the sweater I purchased on Etsy, from Maiden Rapture Vintage (no longer a shop it seems!). Shoes from Lori's shoes.

5 comments:

Maiden Rapture said...

Maiden Rapture is now Prance and Swagger :) You look adorable. xoxo

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

I love that plaid skirt! And yes, your hair is quite nice like this, but I'll bet bangs look awesome on you! I did the bangs thing for a couple years. Sometimes, I still want them back. Perhaps I'll live vicariously through you :)

rachel red lips said...

i'm looking forward to seeing your new do. i've been pinning my bangs back lately too but i so miss having cute short choppy fringe...
gotta keep growing before i cut them off!

Maria Casteel said...

that sweater is perfection! i totally rearranged my whole house the other day so i wouldn't cut my hair off. i had to change SOMETHING :)
so i completely understand. i am certain your bangs are great!

kate so said...

Oh, I know what you mean. Sometimes you just HAVE to cut your hair! A while back I got the urge. When I started it was past my chin. Now it is pretty short. Unfortunately, my mood changes with the wind and now I'm over it. I hope the growing out process goes well. Said hair is currently a very short 1920's bob length. Luckily I have a cute little slouchy knit hat I wear all the time. I like to pretend I have a little bun tucked up in there. So silly.

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin