Sunday, November 22

Not only beautiful


Not that long ago I re-watched Casablanca, and like so many things that have become cultural classics it's easy to overlook how great of a movie it is. But moreover, I was once again entranced by Ingrid Bergman. What I love about her is that she is not just beautiful she is also very interesting to watch.  I don't think I can say this for other classic woman whom I think are beautiful, like say, Rita Hayworth. Rita Hayworth is drop dead gorgeous it's true, but Bergman has an additional quality that makes me never really understand her face which in turn keep me interested. She is also a very understated actress, she almost under acts which comes across so realistic, I always believe her. She is the kind of woman I aspire to be; sure we want to be beautiful, but to be beautifully interesting is something else entirely.

8 comments:

Kat said...

casablanca is amazingggggggggggg! i need to rewatch it really soon!

katthroatworld.blogspot.com

sarah said...

I LOVE Ingrid Bergman. You are absolutely right, she is intelligently beautiful. When you see her in films, she is so genuine and oddly captivating. Definitely one of my favourite ladies, ever.

Jessica said...

I love old movies and classic actresses. They just don't make em that way anymore! I aspire to be Audrey Hepburn, she is the essence of elegance to me.

Vivi said...

Well said! May we all be as interesting as Ingrid...

Grace said...

So well put. There is something about her that is not definable.

Love Grace.

reilly said...

She is so amazing, my absolute favorite.

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

I think she and her daughter are two of the most beautiful women ever.

Mary said...

I just rewatched it recently as well - you can never watch it enough, really. Fabulous. And Ingrid is perfect.

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin