Saturday, October 10

The Unadorned Head



Somewhere in the recent past I turned some fashion corner and I feel quite incomplete with a hat. It's a good thing since there are so many hats in the world and not many people wearing them so I seem to have my pick of the litter, so to speak. Along with this, I seem to have turned away from flouncy skirts and dresses and have started gravitating more toward a slimmer line, right now in particular I am pretty obsessed with vintage wool pencil skirts. Such a grown up I have become! Today I am wearing all but one of my current vintage loves - 1940-50s sweater girl sweaters, 1940s round toe heels, pencil skirts and hats. The only thing left out is 1930s-40s sweater dresses, which I am saving for a future post.

Today I went to a vintage shop I visit regularly and found out about a vintage show next week that is not  not too far away, I have never been to a vintage show and I will certainly go to this one. Though I may not buy anything I think I will really like seeing the other people that go as they dress in vintage. I felt a slight tinge of unhappiness today for not having anyone close to me that loves dressing up as much as I do, but then I realize that is what the internet and blogs are for, there are so many girls who love what I love and thankfully through the magic of technology, I can "meet" them!

burnt orange vintage hat - vintage shop
sweater girl sweater - thrifted
orange pencil skirt - thrifted
1940s shoes - Etsy

8 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

The perfect outfit! That vintage show sounds wonderful. If I was closer I'd go with ya! :o)

Bateau Watteau said...

Love it!!! except I would wear a crisp white oxford, change out the sweater for a cardigan and add a great leather belt. ohhh and a brooch, I just love brooches!!! Plus straight hair for moi!

Loni said...

I've never been to a vintage show, but it sounds great! have fun!

Marie said...

What an amazing pencil skirt- color's lovely! Happy vintage viewing, I am jealous.

calivintage said...

these colors are so rich and beautiful on you. and i really love that little sweater.

Amy P. said...

I love the colors you are wearing. And your shoes are really spectacular as is that bold hat!

I V Y said...

love the header and the outfit! great shoes tooooo!

Anonymous said...

Pretty and gorgeous in those <a href="http://www.loudstarbazaar.com/shop/brand-mynt-star/mynt-star-open-back-tunic-with-cowl-neck/p_41.html>Ladies tunic tops</a>! Great post!

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin