Saturday, September 12

Let's push things backward



I came across this photo set on Darling, Darling and just found the model so arresting. I love everything about these photos actually, I love the menswear yet feminine clothing, I love the lighting and I love her face! I really love non-traditional interesting faces (this after I had just blathered on about Rita Hayworth, who is the opposite of non-traditional beauty!), and I love androgyny. These photos make me look forward to colder weather, wool blazers and long tweed skirts.


Magazine
: Vogue Italia (August 1998)
Editorial: Zoe and Seijo Downtown Los Angeles
Photographer: Peter Lindbergh
Model: Zoe Gaze and Seijo Imazaki
Credit: Mojopin via ecstasy_lover

4 comments:

The Church of Vintage said...

Actually Rita Hayworth wasn't a traditional beauty for her time, when she first entered Hollywood her look was a little too ethnic(she was half spanish). Her hair was dark and her hairline was MUCH lower, after electrolysis and a dye job is when the all "American" beauty we all are familiar with came to be.

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

I love this model's face--she's a bit Eartha Kitt-ish in that first photo--and her hair! Great photos.

Laura Trevey said...

I can't wait for the cooler weather as well! I love Winter coats, scarves, and beautiful gloves.

xo Laura
www.brightboldbeautiful.blogspot.com

Caitlin said...

I thought I was looking forward to cold weather, until today, when it was actually cold. I don't think I like it!

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin