Sunday, September 6

Jazzed







I like jazz a lot, particularly the jazz from the 1950s and 1960s. I pretty much have jazz on all day long while I work. My affinity for it began when I was in middle school when I heard Coleman Hawkins on public radio. My mother for some reason hates jazz and couldn't figure out why I would sit around on my bed listening to it. She still feels the same way, I don't get it! What makes the jazz from the 1950s and 1960s even cooler is the album covers, there was a period of time when jazz covers just looks so Mid-Century cool, and terribly modern even today. I got to thinking about jazz covers today because tonight I am going to the Detroit Jazz Festival to see Wayne Shorter, a legend really, a man who played and collaborated with Miles Davis and later Steely Dan (don't get me started on how much I love Steely Dan...)

2 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

I love jazz too! Have fun tonight!!! :)

Q's Daydream said...

Your post from back in May, Cliff Bell's Jazz Club is wonderful!! I adore the outfit! :o)

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin