Monday, November 16

Advanced Style



So I have a real thing for older people, I have talked about this before on this blog, but here, I am talking about it again.  My first jobs were purposefully chosen so I could be around older people (nursing home for nuns & bingo hall) and that was pretty strange I suppose. But hey, now there's a cool site, sort of a la The Sartorialist, that is dedicated to the fashionable people who are advanced in age. And I love it. I find so much inspiration in older people who's affinity for fashion has yet to fade. Above are some of my favorite picks from the blog, Advanced Style.

7 comments:

Teresa @ good-grace said...

LOVE this! Thanks for the heads up... :)

erin said...

love it! the first is my favorite.

calivintage said...

my favorite part is that they call it "advanced style." such a sophisticated way to put it. and i am in love with that woman on the bottom right. i mean, what?! she is so cool!

Melissa Blake said...

Beautiful!

jennifer said...

incroyable! i love it so much!

Kelley Anne said...

Oh I've been to that site before as well! I also really enjoy being around elderly people. Its the best part of my job at a public library.

There's this really amazing photo of a Florentine woman in the Sartorialist book that this reminded me of. She has the most beautiful white hair and is wearing a silk scarf in her hair and a toggle coat. She's so elegant...and inspiring. Great post and thanks for visiting my blog:)

LincolnTaft said...

not sure if I love elderly style because I dress like a 70-year-old man or because elderly people are rad.

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin