Friday, June 10

desperately seeking su...i mean danish modern wall unit.





After living in our current house for over 10 years, we are still in a state of "redecorating", it never really ends. The house just evolves. I've never understood how someone can hire someone to just come in and decorate their house in one fell swoop. And by that token I can never understand how a an interior designer can design a space in a specified amount of time. I attended interior design school briefly and came away knowing that a) designing spaces for other people doesn't do it for me and b) designing spaces for other people in one month or less does it for me even less. I constantly have art and artifacts "rotate" in and out, going to live in the basement for a while, only later to surface to the mainstage of the house.

So the latest round of changes are a new Drexel mid-century credenza to replace the janky Ikea one that we had. I spent a long long time looking for the right credenza that would not break the budget and lo and behold I found it on Etsy but only 15 minutes from my dang house, go figure. But now...now, I need and must have a danish modern wall unit for this blank space in the room that is currently the yoga space (ohhhh, I'll do yoga somewhere else!). This particular piece is pretty hard to track down, so this is my call to everyone and anyone who reads this blog and has a line on one of these puppies. I'll drive to get it, sure! I am not too picky about it's specific design, just something like these above.

Anyone know where I can get my very own mid-century wall unit? A finders fee includes freshly baked cupcakes, a delicious cocktail and perhaps even a killer vintage dress. ;)

13 comments:

Destrehan's Daughter said...

The reward makes me wish I had specific knowledge of a piece like this. I do have a recommendation if not a specifi location for an item similar. My parents got their bookcase which is similar about 25 years ago from Scandinavia. You might include Scandinavia pieces from craiglist in your search because I think you could get a similar look. Good luck! I know how hard it can be to find the holy grail of furniture.

jennifer joseph reece said...

Hello! Have you tried 1stdibs? http://www.1stdibs.com/ I have never purchased anything from there but have heard it come up a few times. Hope you find what you're looking for! :)

-Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest Object of Beauty! But then I clicked your link, and saw that obviously you've already checked them. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, if you were my way I'd take you to Wertz Bros. because they are guaranteed to have it at an affordable price! http://www.wertzbrothers.com/

They can probably ship and are great to folks in the trade! I've purchased from them for years.

Anonymous said...

So not close to you, and so not budget friendly, but can't help send it along.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/fuo/2430340467.html

good luck with the hunt!

Wedding Day Tree said...

if you lived in So Cal, I think you would love this place: http://amsterdammodern.com/

Gaines' Cross Country said...

I have a small wall unit I am selling. It has a shelf, a glass front cabinet and a dropfront desk. Was purchased in the '60s in Spokane Wash. Call me if you are interested and I will send a picture.
Jill 208 791 8044

Gaines' Cross Country said...

I have a small wall unit I am selling. It has a shelf, a glass front cabinet and a dropfront desk. Was purchased in the '60s in Spokane Wash. Call me if you are interested and I will send a picture.
Jill 208 791 8044

The Flying Rainbow Lasagne Aurora said...

Hi! I have a beautiful Danish Modern wall unit for sale if you're still in the market. Please email me at info@flyingrainbowlasagne.com

Znorro said...

I have the exact same wall unit that is shown on the third photo. I bought it from an elderly couple, and they even had the original assembly manual. However, the writing is mostly unreadable, and I cannot even know for sure in which language it is written. It could be Danish, German or even Slovenian ! I would like to know where you found the photo ? I'd love to identify this find.

mai anh van said...

Although the acrylic material has good bearing capacity but also can bend very well to form kitchen cabinets diverse. And an important feature that should not be missed when used as a kitchen material is its moisture and fire resistance characteristics. When our sisters cook, the moisture can cling to the surface of the kitchen cabinets lovely if not able to ensure the durability of your kitchen cabinets can not be more than a year, do not say kitchen cabinets Thu Anh furniture will guarantee for 10 years.
gai goi cao cap, ảnh sex việt nam, Gái gọi Đình Thôn, gái gọi hà nội, gái gọi Cầu Giấy

mai anh van said...

Thank you for the article. it is very meaningful. It helps me to have more knowledge and experience in life nhà cái uy tín số 1

anass said...

I have a fancy for your posts and I think they are very good. I can make full use of them to handle with some problems in my life. Articles seems to be written well, so they are easy to understand. Thank you for your sharing. k8

Post a Comment

Other posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin