We had a cocktail party Saturday night, it went on until the wee hours (which is a good thing). But as I tried on too many dresses for the party I realized that although my heart belongs to the clothing of the 1920s-1940s, when it comes to throwing a grand fêtê I really want to wear fun dresses from the early 1960s.
Below are two that I ended up wearing. But I didn't wear two, I actually wore three, but I only have photos of two. I changed three times during the party and well, I thought it would make me look like a diva, but instead it was just super fun and got a great response. I realized that I would love it if I went to a party and the hostess changed her dress three times!
I started out the night in this dress, paired with sparkly gold bow shoes (not pictured, sorry!)
I ended the night wearing this dress and shoes, they match! Shoes came off though...dancing, you know...
Duff, of Jean Jean Vintage wore this dress and looked good enough to eat!








I have to admit, I'm with you on early 60s cocktail dresses! I tried on a ton of wedding gowns when I got married two years ago--things from the 30s through 50s. But my heart fell in love with a beautiful early 60s evening dress that fit just right. I think I love the simple, but flattering lines of the early part of the 60s. You can't beat a good wiggle dress made up in fantastic fabric!
ReplyDelete♥ Casey | blog
amazing match dress-shoes! with the clothes on your blog I couldn't stop at changing 3 times only...
ReplyDeleteMagda
And you had a darling chignon bun, too! It was so fun to see you in different outfits and I agree that wardrobe changes should be required of all party hostesses! Thank you for letting me wear that lovely dress and for a fun, fun holiday fête.
ReplyDeleteI call it happy hostess outfits! I just love great outfits for cocktail parties!
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun, fun idea.....to change outfits during the party!!! LOVE your choices!
ReplyDeleteSo painfully chic! And wow! Those dresses are so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the party was a blast! And changing your outfit multiple times is the perfect solution to having too many choices. Why not wear a few? I love the silhouette of the red dress. I like 1920S jewelry, but I have to agree on the 1960s dresses for parties. I love the simplicity of the shapes. I think they flatter most people.
ReplyDeleteMatching dress and shoes... that is too, too cool. It certainly takes the matching shoes and bag to a whole new level!
ReplyDeleteI love the dresses you chose! :D Absolutely gorgeous! :D
ReplyDeleteamazing! and I love the idea of changing dresses for a party! I'm a fan of wearing three outfits in a day, anyways... haha!
ReplyDelete